Monday 22 February 2016

About Me



“Everyone will be lost at some point of their life, but for me, I never felt like I was on the correct path.” This is how I describe myself.
“Who I am” is not the right question to introduce myself, rather I felt “What I am” is a more appropriate question to answer. Mainly because I am still trying to find myself.
Though I love sports, but not so much into running during schooling days, only until recently I felt it is something one can do without waiting the other (suits me well). It also provides the much needed peace of mind after a hectic working day.

This is my workstation at Cyberjaya, a place where I can earn enough money to buy bread. Sometime we felt we are not in the right place, but how you define “right place” depending on so many factors. Try not to think too much, and focus on doing the right thing all the time

Started running in 2012, I can’t remember how many 5km/10km I have completed, but half marathon is not that much too. Even after 3 years, I have yet to complete a marathon, hope to complete it by 2016.

I still found half marathon is a more suitable category for me, mainly because of the lack of training and commitment toward training long distance. But part of my inner self is telling me to step outside of the comfort zone and to see how far distance I can go. A year ago, my focus was on improving my finishing time, eventually I injured myself for pushing too hard.
Initially, my goal is to lose some weight, but in actuality, I gained more weight. I think changing my diet is the only solution.
My house gym, I do not sign up any gym membership, most of the time I do bodyweight workout and rely on this simple equipment during my running rest day. (Hopefully there will be a stationary bike soon).




Minimalist Shoe, I have been wearing minimalist for quite some time, so far I only tried New Balance Minimus, wearing minimalist provide me the touching-the-ground-feeling, the best part is, it’s so light that you barely feel the weight of the shoe.
It might be a good trail running shoe, but it is not so suitable in hiking as the grip of the shoe is not enough to prevent me from slipping, which is quite dangerous in the wood.
Outdoor activity, other than doing long distance running, this is me during the weekend. For me, mountain/rainforest is just like a theme park. Unfortunately, my knowledge about the type of tree, insect and animal is limited.
By the way, red used to be my favorite color, I have changed to green recently, simply because I found it closer to the natural, and for me, it also represents hard working and never give up easily.
Ironman logo, it has been my dream to become a triathlon, but after knowing the cost of doing it, I knew it is not something I can achieve few years back, but now it is a goal that is achievable. For the time being, I am still working hard on it.
Being able to complete the full distance, require a lot of hard work, a very good time management and planning. It is even more difficult for a married man

About Dylan @ limzejin

I love Endurance sport and is training hard for triathlon, marathon and ultramarathon. If I fall seven times, I will stand up eight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © My Fitness Log

Designed by The Solo Runner