Sunday 28 February 2016

Workout #9 - 28 Feb 2016

When you feel that you are going nowhere, just focus on what you can do.
Recently I felt quite moody, don't even feel like going for a run. Though I have set the alarm, but still I can't beat the bed. I spent most of the weekend at home to take care of my little girl as my wife need to work. I actually planned to go for a run on Saturday evening, but my little baby seems to enjoy the baby hammock at my mother-in-law house. The moment she woke up is already dinner time, we went back to have our dinner, and I also decided to bring my family to the nearby coffee house, at the end I cancelled the run. Sunday morning, I just don't feel like running, so the bed won again this time. I sent my wife to work, then left my little girl for my mum, I was waiting her to fall asleep so I can quickly start my home workout.



Whenever I felt like not doing any exercise, I always feel that it was due to over-training, or perhaps, the recovery is too short. Therefore, today I decided to reduce the number of repetitions to 8 reps only. If you understand your body really well, you tend to make a lot of right decisions for your body. By reducing to 8 reps only, the total reps for the first 2 exercises reduce by 4 reps, I have tried to do more on the last few sets if my body allowed. There is no extreme tiredness today, I even managed to complete all reps and sets for the 3rd exercise, it seems like this is a more suitable way for me. The 4th exercise, I managed to do better than previous workout day too. For the time being, I will keep my number of repetitions at 8 reps per set until the #12 workout day.



The remaining 5 exercises completed without any issues, my body is almost recovered from the blood donation. I couldn't see nor feel any improvement, and also failed to add on to the number of repetitions. Since the direction/result is not clear, I think it is best to focus on what I can do and work from there.

Sunday Weight Measurement: 65 KG

About Dylan @ limzejin

I love Endurance sport and is training hard for triathlon, marathon and ultramarathon. If I fall seven times, I will stand up eight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © My Fitness Log

Designed by The Solo Runner