Wednesday 9 March 2016

Workout #10 - 08 March 2016

Too much of rest, too little workout
It has been 9 days since my last workout, "Tomorrow is gonna be a sore day", this phrase kept repeating in my mind whenever I think of going to the gym. Without any valid reason to skip today training, I decided to go to the gym today. Sometimes when you feel like not doing anything, that is when you need to do it until it becomes your habit. By the time I reached the gym room, there is no one except me, I like this gym because it is not always crowded, mostly around 1~3 people only. The equipments is not so complete but I rarely use any equipment, I am here because it is not crowded and it provides me the bathroom that I needed.


Since today is not Friday, training time is limited, without second thought, my body is already doing the workout. For the first four exercises, I set the reps at 8 as I have been out for almost a week, I think 8 reps is enough to help the muscle to recall its memories. Since the number of reps has been reduced, I increase some of the difficulty of the exercise (I go deeper for parallel dip, push up from the ground instead of on a chair). My body started to sweat and get used to the intensity, but still I couldn't complete the 8 reps for the 3rd exercise, I suspect it is either due to the increase in difficulty of the first 2 sets or because of side effect after the long break. 4th exercise, I can feel my the pulling on my upper back muscle (not sure what is its real name) so I slow down during each lap and feel it properly, at the end, the last 2 sets I can't complete 8 reps. I am confident I can get back to 10 reps by workout #12.


The next exercise will be single leg squat and jump squats, I have reduced the number of reps accordingly, both targeted at 8 reps, I completed without any issue such as dizziness. Crunches and leg lift, I decided to increase the numbers of reps to 12 for both exercises, for crunches, I can only manage to do 3 sets of 12 reps, the remaining is 8, 6 and 6, total crunches for today is less than the previous workout, but this time I can feel the muscle is being used. Leg lift with 12 reps is just the right number for me at the moment, next workout will target to do 13 reps. The last exercise, tricep push up, completed 15 reps without any issue.

Sunday weight measurement: 65 KG





About Dylan @ limzejin

I love Endurance sport and is training hard for triathlon, marathon and ultramarathon. If I fall seven times, I will stand up eight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © My Fitness Log

Designed by The Solo Runner