Tuesday 23 February 2016

Thursday (23 Feb 2016) - Hill Repeats

Water : 0 Litre
Shoe : Merrell Bare Access 3
Others : Vaselin
Objective : Hill Repeats 10 times
Due to the soreness in my left calf, I only had one training last week, I even skipped the weekend LSD and take full recovery for the whole week. For today, I decided to do another similar training like last week, but this time it is a Hill Repeats on the same route. Though the training location should be considered as a slope more than a hill, this is the best hill training ground for me at the moment. Comparing the slope today with the previous hill repeats (Distance: 400 meters; Elevation Gain: 27 meters), this is a slightly smaller slope, the distance is around 300 meters with an elevation gain of 21 meters

The training ground is around 1.80KM away from my mother-in-law's house, so I just take it as a warm up for the training. My target pace is to use my 5K pace for uphill, so it will be around 5 minutes, but not more than 5:30 minutes per KM. As for recovery, it will be a slow jog or walk if I feel extremely tired.

So, the first 4 rounds of hill repeats started quite well as I am able to jog down after reaching the peak, however, from the 5th round onward, I have decided to walk back to the starting point as my main purpose today is to complete the 10 sets that I set for myself.



Once I finished the 8th round of hill repeats, I decided to call it a day, because I am too tired to continue, so I just try to walk back to the starting point. While there is still some distance away from the starting point, I changed my mind (maybe after recovery I felt much better) and decided to run the last 2 rounds, 1 for my baby girl and the last one for my beloved wife. Although it seems like something irrelevant, but that is how I motivate myself. The completion timing for the last 2 rounds is 1:23 and 1:17 respectively, if convert this to pace, both are actually under 5 minutes, the last round is the hardest as I ran without any strength left.

At the end, I only managed to walk back, but it is also good for my body to warm down. Along the way I did some running drills that are good for running form. The overall completion time is 1:15 hours, total elevation gain is 194 meters (Remarks: Strava Elevation Gain is 299, both have different calculation).

So far, my new shoe has been very kind to me.

About Dylan @ limzejin

I love Endurance sport and is training hard for triathlon, marathon and ultramarathon. If I fall seven times, I will stand up eight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © My Fitness Log

Designed by The Solo Runner