Monday 14 March 2016

Workout #11 - 11 Mar 2016


Friday, everyone loves Friday because of the weekend, for me, there is another reason to love Friday, I get to workout longer as people tend to have a longer lunch hour for Friday. I depart from the office at 11:50AM so I can start my workout at 12PM, usually, I only managed to start 12:10PM, so time is really precious as the workout will require 50~60 minutes. Today, I am not alone in the gym room, there are some new faces and as they are occupying the treadmill, I couldn't do the parallel dip. There is no Parallel Dip Bar in this gym room, so I have been using the handler between 2 treadmills to do the exercise. "When live gives you lemon, make lemonade" and due to the time limitation, I decided to do Tricep dip, it is a much easier exercise than parallel dip, so I decided to set the number of reps at 12. Though you can't replicate and train the same muscle group as parallel dip, but it can still slightly train some of the muscle you used for parallel dip.

The next is push ups and decline push ups, both reps increased to 10 reps. Not sure where is the determination comes from, I urge myself to complete the 10 reps for each exercise, the last few sets is not easy, but as long as I can hold on, I can finish it too. These 2 exercises follow by close grip pull up, but I failed to achieve the total of 48 reps, while I was resting, I have doubt in my mind, "Is my posture correct previously, if it is yes, how can I achieve higher reps?"


While adjusting my breathing to control my heart rate and recovery, I imagine my close grip pull up posture, so the 3 minutes resting period finished quickly. After having enough rest, I started the single leg squats, reps increased to 12 reps for both legs, upon completion, can feel the muscle tightness and soreness.

Squat Jump increased to 10 reps, this time completed without issue.
Crunches and leg lift, reps increased to 12 reps, I really don't feel like doing anything after these 2 exercise both upper and lower abs is so sore that I just feel so lazy to move on.

Time passes quickly when you are concentrating on doing something, it is almost 1 PM and I still have 1 more exercise to go. Once the resting period is over, I quickly move on to the next tricep exercises, 3 sets of 15 reps, all completed.

Completion time 56 minutes.

Sunday Weight Measurement: 65KG

About Dylan @ limzejin

I love Endurance sport and is training hard for triathlon, marathon and ultramarathon. If I fall seven times, I will stand up eight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © My Fitness Log

Designed by The Solo Runner