Sunday 28 February 2016

Workout #8 - 26 Feb 2016


Burn the fat, Feed the muscle
I make full use of my blood donation as a valid reason to rest for the past few days, it is advisable not to do any extreme workout for at least 24 ~ 48 hours (to be honest I also quite lazy this week...).

However... Training needs to be done, since I had skipped the easy run yesterday and rested for more than 48, I feel that I can push my body a little bit. Even though some research articles clearly stated the recovery from blood donation is different for everyone, but one thing is certain, the performance will not be the same as before the donation. The result of this workout just proven this, I did my research after this workout, therefore, the performance today has nothing to do with the information I just obtained from The Internet.


The first exercise (parallel dip), I am not able to perform the same numbers of repetitions as per Workout #7, I did not notice the differences as I have forgot to bring along my record book to the gym room. Sometime, without the previous record is not that bad either, without the knowledge of how many reps I have performed, I did better for the second exercise (incline depth).

The third exercise (incline push up), I did the same number of repetitions, no improvement, but to be able to do the same amount of reps is something beyond my expectation. Fourth exercise (close grip pull up), I felt pretty good at the beginning, and it seems like I can complete the whole exercise with ease. Unfortunately, my mind seems to be weaker than the previous workout, I started to feel exhausted on the fourth round, and only managed to perform 39 reps, which is 8 reps lesser than the previous workout.


Another long rest (3 minutes), I keep monitoring my own heart rate, even without measuring the heart beat per second, I can feel the beating is faster than normal. Not only that, the recovery takes longer time too. Single leg squat for both legs, I managed to complete the 12 reps I set for myself, especially on the sixth set, the feeling of tightness in my quads and hamstring is obvious. Another long rest, to take advantage of this, I decided to lay on the floor and legs on the wall to improve recovery.

The next exercise, squat jump, I decided to reduce the repetitions to 10 reps for each set, though I managed to complete all and not fainted, but the decision to reduce is right. After this exercise, I need to get back to the recovery position, anyway, the next 2 exercises will be on the floor.

My heart rate is not recovered even after another long rest, but the next exercise won't cause the heart rate to spike like the previous 2 exercises. I can feel the improvement in this exercise (crunches) after so many days of workout, at least, I managed to complete the whole set this time. Due to the lower back pain, I changed the lower ABS exercise into leg lift, this is to avoid injuries.

Upon completion of core workout, I really want to finish the last triceps workout quickly. I need to stay calm and follow the resting period mentioned in the book, I will not be able to complete the last exercise if I choose to not follow the instruction. I really cannot feel my hand after all the exercise, I just don't feel like moving anymore, but I still need to clean up myself and get back to work.

Completion time: 53 Minutes

About Dylan @ limzejin

I love Endurance sport and is training hard for triathlon, marathon and ultramarathon. If I fall seven times, I will stand up eight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © My Fitness Log

Designed by The Solo Runner